Sunday, February 6, 2011

Craft Night Creations

Once a month a couple friends and I get together and bring cards we've created based on a theme.  This allows us to build our stash and always have a card handy!  January's theme was "birthday" and the variety was amazing.

"Miss J's" were quite involved but we expected nothing less from her as her talents are amazing.  The cupcake card bottom is 3D and the vellum envelope made for a unique presentation (notice I haven't stamped the birthday sentiment yet - oops!).  The "gift card" card was her creation and incredibly clever.  Can't wait to make more of these and, of course, the matching envelope finished it off.






"Miss K's" cards used one of the PTI sets that I look at and debate about each time I order from them.  I love hot air balloons and was excited to see her card.  The largest balloon is 3D and I love how she made the clouds part of the background rather than separate.  As I was assemblying the last couple, I decided to see how white behind the cloud cutouts would be and I liked t that way too.  Then I had a button laying there so why not use that too!  May have to get this set ...  Her second card was clever and used small squares to create this pinwheel effect.  As you start assemblying you don't think it's going to come out right, but it does!  Very pretty end result.




My cards were to be masculine and general.  I'm not the best at doing guy cards but was happy with the end result.  I had the library card and folder set from PTI and found an example using both.  I made their kits with different coordinating paper sets so each card was different with some guys and some gals.  Love the butterfly cutout!  Now I need to get mine finished!


Next month's theme includes a "layered accents" challenge plus tags ... off to get inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment